Empowering creatives and entrepreneurs is my favorite. We have a philosophy here at Fountain City Films: If you want to do more of what you love, it's gotta be sustainable.
.....What does that mean?
First of all, do these thoughts sound familiar? "Being creative is hard. Finding ways to make money from being creative is even harder. Making a FULL-time living from being creative? Good luck!"
Well I'm here to tell you there's HOPE for those of us who just can't thrive unless we're using our creative gifts.
Now, I'm no career expert, but I can tell you what I've observed and experienced myself. The secret to making a living from your creative talents...isn't really a secret. It comes down to these four things:
1. Creating multiple income streams
2. Developing passive income streams
3. Streamlining your workflow to increase productivity
4. Being visible online, with a killer brand presence
Really, it comes down to good business sense. Let me take these one by one.
Multiple income streams provide security in uncertain economic times. You don't put all your eggs in one basket, right? If one income stream collapses or dries up, you have others to fall back on. Diversify. Hedge your bets. Taste the rainbow.
Passive income is a revenue stream that you can set up once, and then let it earn residual money on its own, with little to no work from you. Sounds good, right? It's like that old infomercial: set it and forget it! Passive income means you have even more time for the work you love most.
Streamlining your workflow is about fine-tuning your work life and non-work life, so that you stay in balance and make more time for what matters most. It's about finding efficiencies and eliminating things that waste your time. This could mean outsourcing certain tasks that you don't like or don't know how to do, to someone who both enjoys them and can do them faster.
Being visible is about making sure people can find you, and when they do, making sure your brand reflects you in the best light. You and your work are awesome - no doubt about that - so you deserve an online presence that's just as dazzling and authentic as you are.
So, if you've made it this far, I have a feeling that some of this resonates with
you. If that's the case, then how about we work together to put it into practice?
We'd be a great team if.....
• You want to earn a full-time living from your creative talents, but that dream seems far away
• You constantly feel the pressure of not having enough hours in the day • Your to-do list is crazy long, and you're constantly putting passion projects on the back-burner • You want more people to know what you do and find your business online • You want to book more clients and/or make more sales
• You don't want to work ALL the time, but want to have downtime too!
Is this you?
I want to help you succeed! Let's come up with a plan - some actionable next steps to get your business to the next level. Email me today for a free brainstorming session.